Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to not print some cells

I have a validated cell that populates other cells when a value is selected.
I do not however want that cell to print. What can I do?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the Cell is part of a range that you must print, you can change the font
to white.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"pawlingJohn" wrote:

I have a validated cell that populates other cells when a value is selected.
I do not however want that cell to print. What can I do?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Another suggestion:
Use conditional formatting on the cells that you do not want to print.
In a cell somewhere on your worksheet (for instance H1) type in No
Then your conditional formating will be if H1="No" then change the font to
white (and will not be printed) if you delte "No" from cell H1 you will then
be able to see and easily change the data you have entered!

"pawlingJohn" wrote:

I have a validated cell that populates other cells when a value is selected.
I do not however want that cell to print. What can I do?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Dec 19, 10:25*am, pawlingJohn
wrote:
the problem is that the cell contains a drop-down list.

I guess I haven't tried, perhaps. But doesn't changing the font to
"white" work? I do this all the time with normal cells.

If necessary, move the drop-down to its own row/column. This may help
set it apart anyway for users to see it better. Then keep that row/
column out of the print area.