Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default rounddown + if function

have if function that I need to rounddown the results for, which are in
percentage format. function says 'if cell x is empty,"no data",f123/f124' -
want the dividend to rounddown to 0 decimal places. can't seem to combine
=rounddown(if ...)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(cell="","no data",ROUNDDOWN(F123/F124,0))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"PoetsOnMars" wrote in message
have if function that I need to rounddown the results for, which are in
percentage format. function says 'if cell x is empty,"no
data",f123/f124' -
want the dividend to rounddown to 0 decimal places. can't seem to combine
=rounddown(if ...)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

INT rouns down so you can use this but 0.9 rouns to zero but that the same
as zero decimal places. Also you don't say where cell X is

=IF(A1="","No Data",INT(F123/F124))

Mike

"PoetsOnMars" wrote:

have if function that I need to rounddown the results for, which are in
percentage format. function says 'if cell x is empty,"no data",f123/f124' -
want the dividend to rounddown to 0 decimal places. can't seem to combine
=rounddown(if ...)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default rounddown + if function CLARIFICATION

I neglected to explain in enough detail perhaps:

The Fxxx cell reference in the IF formula is dependent on another cell
reference. The IF function reads:
IF(F199=0,"NO DATA",F199/F200)

In F199 the following formula is present:
=F242, where F242 is a total of possible points tallied in that cell.

Using the formula presented in your post returns a zero value in the cell
regardless of what F199/F200 is.

=ROUNDDOWN(IF(F199=0,"NO DATA",F199/F200),0) = ZERO (blank cell), or

=ROUNDDOWN(IF(ISBLANK(F199),"NO DATA",F199/F200),0) = ZERO (blank cell).

Is that because F199 is actual the F242 reference?

"PoetsOnMars" wrote:

have if function that I need to rounddown the results for, which are in
percentage format. function says 'if cell x is empty,"no data",f123/f124' -
want the dividend to rounddown to 0 decimal places. can't seem to combine
=rounddown(if ...)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi - thanks. But this returns a ZERO value in the destination cell,
regardless of what f.../f... is.

Viz: =IF(F199="","NO DATA",ROUNDDOWN(F199/F200,0)). That doesn't change if I
do F199=0 or =anything-else. I'm thinking the problem might be that the value
of F199 is actually a reference to: =F242, where F242 is a total tallied from
another series of calculations. Oh what a tangled web, ey? Any further input
or clarification? Water is a solution. So far this is not. :)

For more info, please see response to LUKE's orig response.

Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(cell="","no data",ROUNDDOWN(F123/F124,0))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"PoetsOnMars" wrote in message
have if function that I need to rounddown the results for, which are in
percentage format. function says 'if cell x is empty,"no
data",f123/f124' -
want the dividend to rounddown to 0 decimal places. can't seem to combine
=rounddown(if ...)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is the value of F200 GREATER than F199? (Your calculating a percentage)
If so, a percentage is actually a decimal number, thus you need to change
formula to:
=ROUNDDOWN(IF(ISBLANK(F124),"no data",F123/F124),2)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M