TerryStyles

Default combo box problem I am pulling my hair out about!!!!

I really hope someone can help me....

I am creating a quote form. It is for a roofing company and I want to be
able to create a combo box which lets me select an item, and then in an
adjacent column bring up the dollar value for that selected item. ie.

MATERIAL AMOUNT COST
TOTAL
Colorbond 10m² $25
$250

Under 'Material' I want a list or combo box to select items from. When I
select an item, I want the cost of it to show under the 'cost' column.

How can I do this? Please help...

Terry
Max

Tinker around with this ..

First, set-up the Material - Unit Cost table below
in Sheet2, in A2:C4

1 Colorbond 25
2 WP_Paint 20
3 Tile Type A 50

In Sheet1
------------
Assume A1:D4 houses the headers: Material, Amt, Cost, Total

Draw a combo box (from the Forms Toolbar) over cell A2

Right-click on it Format Control

Put in:
Input range: Sheet2!$B$2:$B$4
Cell link: $A$2