Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with automatic tabs

I have set up an excel spreadsheet that has 2 columns, a large column for
descriptions and a smaller one for dollar amounts. The large column is used
for general description of work completed in our construction company, the
second for the dollar amount. When using the spreadsheet, column 1 - if we
are entering a numeric value such as 1 and then use the - mark, it will
automatically move our information to the first tab. We cannot avoid this,
so it must be some type of formula in excel 2007 that creates this as a tab.
Example 1-2x4 used for window trim. It moves the entire sentence over to the
first tab. If we space between the 1 and the - it does not. My spouse
prefers to use the 1-format. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jackie wrote:
I have set up an excel spreadsheet that has 2 columns, a large column for
descriptions and a smaller one for dollar amounts. The large column is used
for general description of work completed in our construction company, the
second for the dollar amount. When using the spreadsheet, column 1 - if we
are entering a numeric value such as 1 and then use the - mark, it will
automatically move our information to the first tab. We cannot avoid this,
so it must be some type of formula in excel 2007 that creates this as a tab.
Example 1-2x4 used for window trim. It moves the entire sentence over to the
first tab. If we space between the 1 and the - it does not. My spouse
prefers to use the 1-format. Can anyone help?

I can't duplicate this behavior. If nobody else offers a solution, copy a cell
with the problem and paste it into a new blank worksheet. Confirm that the
behavior is still the same, then put the new worksheet on www.savefile.com and
someone will take a look at it.