Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Date format won't save...?

I have cleared formats, re-formatted, built an entirely new spread and the
format will change, I save it and then when I re-open the spread, it has
converted all the date formatted columns back to General (the serial number)
and the number formatted columns also back to General. Please help!?!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you working with Excel 2007 and saving in 97-2003 format? If yes, then
while saving you might get an option for recalculating the formulas... I
guess that might be the source of your problem.

You may send the file to me so that I can take a look.

"Erin" wrote:

I have cleared formats, re-formatted, built an entirely new spread and the
format will change, I save it and then when I re-open the spread, it has
converted all the date formatted columns back to General (the serial number)
and the number formatted columns also back to General. Please help!?!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This would usually be caused by some code running.

When you say you built a new spreadsheet do you mean a new workbook?

Maybe some add-in is doing the deed.

Uncheck them all, restart Excel and open your newly formatted workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP