Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default macro to apply conditional formatting

I have a csv file (open customer orders) that needs a few things done and I
am wondering how to/best way to accomplish this maybe with macros. I would
like to
1) Sort list based on column A (Customer#)
2) Apply conditional formatting based on contents of column K (Status of
order)
3) Subtotal column N (Order total)

I have set up conditional formatting rules (5) that colors and or crosses
out the entire row based on the status field contents. Now I would like to
automate as much as possible. Can I create a macro that will apply the
conditional formatting (how)? Or is this something that would be better
accomplished by creating a template? The csv file will be consistant in the
columns and incoming file name.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

the subtotal is a a simple =sum formula
a subtotaling equ. has several options before you
ever need to think about macros or VBA

Are consolidating data in spreedsheets and the
conditional formating applied after the merge.
I really do not understand the question or concept
of why you need what you need. Could you explane
what why you are trying to accomplish this

"amaries" wrote:

I have a csv file (open customer orders) that needs a few things done and I
am wondering how to/best way to accomplish this maybe with macros. I would
like to
1) Sort list based on column A (Customer#)
2) Apply conditional formatting based on contents of column K (Status of
order)
3) Subtotal column N (Order total)

I have set up conditional formatting rules (5) that colors and or crosses
out the entire row based on the status field contents. Now I would like to
automate as much as possible. Can I create a macro that will apply the
conditional formatting (how)? Or is this something that would be better
accomplished by creating a template? The csv file will be consistant in the
columns and incoming file name.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The incoming csv file first has a top row with a report name (Open Orders).
The records come in 'Promise Date' order (column G). The final product the
mgrs want to see is Open orders grouped by customer# (column A) and sum if
the customers order totals (column N). Then colorized based on the 'status'
of the order (column K).