Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Concatenation

I am trying to use the Concatenate function to join two columns of text. How
do I get a space between what I'm trying to concatenate?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=A1&" " &B1

On 11 Gru, 21:04, jknapp1005
wrote:
I am trying to use the Concatenate function to join two columns of text. How
do I get a space between what I'm trying to concatenate?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are using the ampersand:

=A1&" "&B1

The blank space goes in between quotes, I placed 2 spaces to make it more
obvious.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"jknapp1005" wrote:

I am trying to use the Concatenate function to join two columns of text. How
do I get a space between what I'm trying to concatenate?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Concatenate works only with single cell values. You can use

=CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1)

However, you cannot do something like

=CONCATENATE(A1:B10)

CONCATENATE doesn't work in array functions. Indeed, there is really
no reason to ever use the CONCATENATE function. You can do the same
thing with less typing by using the & operator:

=A1&" "&B1

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP