Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Would if work?

I am trying to figure out my expenses for the month. I want to be able that
once a bill is paid, and I note it in the spread sheet, it will come off the
total as for what is still due. I was using an if statement for it, which
worked fine in one sheet as all bills have been paid, but when I tried using
it in a different month sheet, it doesn't work out right. Hope this makes
sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is the formula I have:

=IF(G11:G16=1,E26-E11)

Which works just fine for one cell, but if I want a running total so I know
what is still needed to pay the bills, how do I do that?

Thanks

"Eduardo" wrote:

hi,
please send your formula

"just4ucreations" wrote:

I am trying to figure out my expenses for the month. I want to be able that
once a bill is paid, and I note it in the spread sheet, it will come off the
total as for what is still due. I was using an if statement for it, which
worked fine in one sheet as all bills have been paid, but when I tried using
it in a different month sheet, it doesn't work out right. Hope this makes
sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry but the formula itself doesn't say what is in G11 or E26, E11, can you
send an example

"just4ucreations" wrote:

This is the formula I have:

=IF(G11:G16=1,E26-E11)

Which works just fine for one cell, but if I want a running total so I know
what is still needed to pay the bills, how do I do that?

Thanks

"Eduardo" wrote:

hi,
please send your formula