Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default goal seek using multiple criteria to arrive at desired number

i am looking for a way to arrive at a specified number of new hires
accounting for a % loss each step along the way.

I need a total number of 100 starts...i lose the percantages listed below at
each step...the ??? represents the value i need to find in order to have 100
start.

So how many do i need in each step to end up at 100.

Total Number Needed = 100

step 1 step 2 step 3
step 4
dq% # needed dq% # needed dq % # needed dq% # needed
50% ??? 25% ??? 15% ??? 5%
???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

i think you just need to work back from the final total required (100).
Step 4: 100/0.95 = 105.3
Step 3: 100/0.95/0.85 = 123.8
Step 2: 100/0.95/0.85/0.75 = 165.1
Step 1: 100/0.95/0.85/0.75/0.5 = 330.2