Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default EOMONTH formula randomly converts to NA

I have built spreadsheets in Excel 2003 using the EOMONTH formula with no
problems. I am now using 2007 but sometimes have to send the work to people
in 2003 format. THe problem is that the EOMONTH formulas randomly convert.
That is the speadsheet may work fine for months, then the formula will be
replaced with NA. Has anyone else seen this and are there any suggestions or
fixes.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could replace the eomonth formulas with functions not from the Analysis
ToolPak

Can you post an example

Peo Sjoblom

"Duke" wrote in message
I have built spreadsheets in Excel 2003 using the EOMONTH formula with no
problems. I am now using 2007 but sometimes have to send the work to
people
in 2003 format. THe problem is that the EOMONTH formulas randomly
convert.
That is the speadsheet may work fine for months, then the formula will be
replaced with NA. Has anyone else seen this and are there any suggestions
or
fixes.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, an example would be

EOMONTH($B$1,-1), where b1 is 4/25/08 and I want to know the date for the
end of the month prior to 4/25/08
--
Duke

"Duke" wrote in message
I have built spreadsheets in Excel 2003 using the EOMONTH formula with no
problems. I am now using 2007 but sometimes have to send the work to
people
in 2003 format. THe problem is that the EOMONTH formulas randomly
convert.
That is the speadsheet may work fine for months, then the formula will be
replaced with NA. Has anyone else seen this and are there any suggestions
or
fixes.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've seen this problem mentioned in these forums "a lot". I've not
experienced it (yet!).

A non-ATP replacement for:

=EOMONTH($B$1,-1)

=B1-DAY(B1)

Format as Date

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Duke" wrote in message
I have built spreadsheets in Excel 2003 using the EOMONTH formula with
no
problems. I am now using 2007 but sometimes have to send the work to
people
in 2003 format. THe problem is that the EOMONTH formulas randomly
convert.
That is the speadsheet may work fine for months, then the formula will
be
replaced with NA. Has anyone else seen this and are there any
suggestions
or
fixes.

Thanks