Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007 Copying Worksheets

Why am I no longer able to copy a worksheet within a file by using the right
click copy function? This used to work fine in Excel 2003. When I use it in
2007, I get error messages about a formula or sheet that contains the name
'_A' that already exists on the destination worksheet... If you click yes
this message goes on and on in some sort of loop that you cannot exit.

How can I get the copy worksheet function to work properly?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Are you right clicking a sheet tab and trying to copy? If so there may be a
range name conflict. If you have range names in the source sheet and you now
make a new sheet with the same names, Excel wants to know what you want to
do. The reason you didn't get the error message in 2003 is that 2003
automatically changed the scope of the names to local (sheet level). That
process is not automatic in 2007.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire