Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default setting multiple cells equal to other cells

I have a set of averages I've calculated. In another location on the
same worksheet, I need to essentially reorganize this info to be
displayed in another way. I was just copying and pasting the values
but realized if there was a change in my calculations for any reason,
I'd have to go back and recopy/paste as the cells wouldn't update. So
what I've been doing is simply setting these cells equal to the
already calculated cells. (i.e. I have an a cell that I calculated an
average, say J100, and need the info to show up in F200, so in cell
F200 I enter "=J100").

However I have a LOT of data, and its rather time consuming to go thru
each cell and type "=J100", "=J101" and so forth. Is there a quick
way to do this rather than doing this one by one? I've not been able
to figure out how to do something like a copy/paste to tell it to just
equal the cell rather than the forumla/values.

Hope I've explained what I'm trying to do :)
Thanks!
Jennifer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say A100 contains:
=J100
Copy A100 and paste from A101 to A150

the formulas will automatically adjust.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k

"bijoutery" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Never mind, found the answer!
For those who might want to know, you can highlight the cells like you
want to do a regular copy/paste, but instead of paste, go to Paste
Special and click "Paste Link" at the bottom. So from my example
above, if I highlighted J100 above, copied, then clicked on F200 and
did "Paste Special - Paste Link", in cell F200 it would have the
formula "=$J$100" and show the same value as J100.