Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Large answers

How can i connect two row boxes togther to accept a particularly large answer

i.e. 100 x 1000000= 100000000

the '100,000,000' does not fit into one box and i get the #### sign instead.

Cheers in adavnce
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Make the column wider.

Drag it wider by hovering the cursor over the right edge of the column
header and click-dragging the 2 headed plus sign to the right or go to
FormatColumnAutofit Selection.

BTW.............the "boxes" are known as cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 20:56:01 -0800, Scoober
wrote:

How can i connect two row boxes togther to accept a particularly large answer

i.e. 100 x 1000000= 100000000

the '100,000,000' does not fit into one box and i get the #### sign instead.

Cheers in adavnce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try widening the column.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Scoober" wrote in message
How can i connect two row boxes togther to accept a particularly large
answer

i.e. 100 x 1000000= 100000000

the '100,000,000' does not fit into one box and i get the #### sign
instead.

Cheers in adavnce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Guys,

Sorry I did'nt explain myself very well.

Due to printing restraints I cannot stretch the cell any further, I need to
find a way to combine the ajasent cell to make one big cell to contain the
answer.

Cheers Scott

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try widening the column.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Scoober" wrote in message
How can i connect two row boxes togther to accept a particularly large
answer

i.e. 100 x 1000000= 100000000

the '100,000,000' does not fit into one box and i get the #### sign
instead.

Cheers in adavnce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe this:

Select the cell with the formula and the cell in the next column to the
right.
Goto the menu FormatCellsAlignmentHorizontalCenter across selectionOK

As a *last resort*:
Select the cell with the formula and the cell in the next column to the
right.
Goto the menu FormatCellsAlignmentText ControlMerge cellsOK

Merging cells almost always causes unforeseen problems! Use this only as a
last resort!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Scoober" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Sorry I did'nt explain myself very well.

Due to printing restraints I cannot stretch the cell any further, I need
find a way to combine the ajasent cell to make one big cell to contain the
answer.

Cheers Scott

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try widening the column.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Scoober" wrote in message
How can i connect two row boxes togther to accept a particularly large
answer

i.e. 100 x 1000000= 100000000

the '100,000,000' does not fit into one box and i get the #### sign
instead.

Cheers in adavnce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Biff - that's worked a treat.

"Scoober" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Sorry I did'nt explain myself very well.

Due to printing restraints I cannot stretch the cell any further, I need
find a way to combine the ajasent cell to make one big cell to contain the
answer.

Cheers Scott

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try widening the column.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Scoober" wrote in message
How can i connect two row boxes togther to accept a particularly large
answer

i.e. 100 x 1000000= 100000000

the '100,000,000' does not fit into one box and i get the #### sign
instead.

Cheers in adavnce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Scoober" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Sorry I did'nt explain myself very well.

Due to printing restraints I cannot stretch the cell any further, I
need
find a way to combine the ajasent cell to make one big cell to contain
the
answer.

Cheers Scott

"T. Valko" wrote: