Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Once a column is marked as $, how do I change it back?

I have a spreadsheet in which one column of data has been and should only be
calendar dates. All of a sudden now, when I type in a date (i.e., 12/1)
into this column, it comes out as 12. How can I correct this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try this

Select those cells
Go to Format in Menu Bar
choose Cells
select Custom
in Type type in dd/m
click ok

does this do what you want?
Pls click Yes if this help

cheers,

"wpbvin" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet in which one column of data has been and should only be
calendar dates. All of a sudden now, when I type in a date (i.e., 12/1)
into this column, it comes out as 12. How can I correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When you type in 12/3 do you get 4 in the cell?

Might be you have Lotus formula entry enabled.

Go to ToolsOptionsTransition and uncheck all options

Above location info for 2003 and earlier.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP