Anna

Default Help me please!

First, my knowledge of Excel is limited but expanding, however, I think my
boss wants me to preform miracles that just aren't within Excels
capabilities. What I am trying to do is create a program to track the
efficiency rate of my co-workers in the factory where I work. I have set up
right now on sheet1 where I can enter in the crew that worked on the job, how
many products we were supposed to produce vs. how many we actually produced
to get a percentage, and the date. The next step that I want to take is to
set up a second sheet where the job, percentage and date would transfer over
based on the crew. Linking the cells but not just that because the cells on
Sheet1 need to change and as another job is done input that information onto
cells in sheet2. If someone could please simply point me in a good direction
I would greatly appreciate it.

Anna
JulieD

Hi Anna

IMHO for this type of data manipulation you're better off not copying the
information on to different sheets (as this can only be done automatically
via way of code) but to list the information all on sheet 1 with each entry
being a new row. Then you can use Pivot Tables and Filtering to display
this information in a number of different ways.

Debra Dalgleish has good information on her website about both filtering &
pivot tables
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Cheers