Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default add up sums in column m if column c = scott

I have a spreadsheet where I am putting different team members in column c if
they are the ones that are assigned to that particular policy and then I need
the entire worksheet added up by team member...so I need to create an 'if"
sum that if column c equals team member "x's name" then total all those lines
and if column c equals team member "y's name" then total all those lines...i
am not sure how to set this up.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=COUNTIF(C:C,"team member")

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"sherri" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where I am putting different team members in column c
if
they are the ones that are assigned to that particular policy and then I
need
the entire worksheet added up by team member...so I need to create an 'if"
sum that if column c equals team member "x's name" then total all those
lines
and if column c equals team member "y's name" then total all those
lines...i
am not sure how to set this up.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
set up a small table with all your team members names. say column e1 to e5
for 5 team members. then next to the name in column f, enter
=sumfi(b1:B500,e1,c1:C500)
where b is the column with the name, c is the column with the values, and e1
is the cell with the name. copy the formula down the name table. you would
need a formula for each team member name.
make adjustment for your data.
look up the sumif function in help for more details.

Regards
FSt1

"sherri" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where I am putting different team members in column c if
they are the ones that are assigned to that particular policy and then I need
the entire worksheet added up by team member...so I need to create an 'if"
sum that if column c equals team member "x's name" then total all those lines
and if column c equals team member "y's name" then total all those lines...i
am not sure how to set this up.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

It's not clear what you are summing but this might be it

=SUMIF(C$1:C$100,A1,M$1:M$100)

Where A1 contains the name of the team member who you want to sum the items
in collumn M.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire