Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUM Formula

I want to sum a range of 10 cells that already have formulas in them to auto
populate as I enter data elsewhere......If I want to sum these cells before
they have all been populated, I get a "N/A" return. Can someone tell me how
to sum these cells and ignore the cells that don't have data yet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUM(IF(ISERROR(C1:C10),"",C1:C10))

This is an array formula that must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather
than just the ENTER key
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200817

"Riley" wrote:

I want to sum a range of 10 cells that already have formulas in them to auto
populate as I enter data elsewhere......If I want to sum these cells before
they have all been populated, I get a "N/A" return. Can someone tell me how
to sum these cells and ignore the cells that don't have data yet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the feedback.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200817

"Riley" wrote:

I want to sum a range of 10 cells that already have formulas in them to auto
populate as I enter data elsewhere......If I want to sum these cells before
they have all been populated, I get a "N/A" return. Can someone tell me how
to sum these cells and ignore the cells that don't have data yet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try =SUMIF(B2:B11,"0"). Adjust the range to suit yours or you can use B:B for
whole column

Hope this help

cheers,

"Riley" wrote:

I want to sum a range of 10 cells that already have formulas in them to auto
populate as I enter data elsewhere......If I want to sum these cells before
they have all been populated, I get a "N/A" return. Can someone tell me how
to sum these cells and ignore the cells that don't have data yet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Here is a short array formula that works if the errors you are getting are NA:

=SUM(IF(ISNA(A1:A4),,A1:A4))

if not then, anothe short solution

=SUM(IF(ISERR(A1:A4),,A1:A4))

If you data is all positive numbers the SUMIF function is shorter and
doesn't need an array entry, but if any of the data are negative numbers then
stick with the array suggestions.

If these help, please click the Yes button.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Riley" wrote:

I want to sum a range of 10 cells that already have formulas in them to auto
populate as I enter data elsewhere......If I want to sum these cells before
they have all been populated, I get a "N/A" return. Can someone tell me how
to sum these cells and ignore the cells that don't have data yet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMIF(A1:A10,"<1E100")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Riley" wrote in message
I want to sum a range of 10 cells that already have formulas in them to
auto
populate as I enter data elsewhere......If I want to sum these cells
before
they have all been populated, I get a "N/A" return. Can someone tell me
how
to sum these cells and ignore the cells that don't have data yet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can also try

=sumif(range,"<0")+sumif(range,"0")