Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default creating a form in 2007 that picks from a four column table

I have a worklist with calculations on one tab and a table that has
four columns and is about 100 row long. 1st, I would like to create a
worksheet that I can use to enter data without accessing the
calculations, where the input data would be entered and the output
displayed. I can do that with links between the worksheets.

I can't figure out the second part. I have 100 machines on a list,
each with size, weight, and height. How do I make a pick list, or
drop down menu to choose the name of a machine, so that I can display
the machine type on the input form and be able to populate certain
fields in the calculation with height, weight, and height, e.g. if
HP100 was picked from the list, the height would go to cell B15, the
weight to B22, and the height to B55?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use a ListBox to display the table then get the values from the selected
line

--
royUK

Hope that helps, RoyUK
For tips & examples visit 'my web site' (http://www.excel-it.com/)
royUK's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=15
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=35341

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 30, 9:18*am, royUK wrote:
Use a ListBox to display the table then get the values from the selected
line

--
royUK

Hope that helps, RoyUK
For tips & examples visit 'my web site' (http://www.excel-it.com/)
royUK's Profile:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=15
View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=35341

OK, I created a drop down list, how do I get the three corresponding
data fields?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would use a ListBox, but a ComboBox can display 4 Columns of data.
What type of control have you created and where is it? Also, where is
the data that you need to populate4 the control with?