Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Range Names That Move With Cell Data

Is there a way to assign a range name to a cell, and then have it move with
that cell data if you sort the page?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Range names do not sort with there ranges.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"DemiUrgoss" wrote:

Is there a way to assign a range name to a cell, and then have it move with
that cell data if you sort the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If you data is not going to be chaning you can assign a name that will move
with the unchanging name, in some situations.

For example, suppose your range is E1:E10 with the word Apr within the
range, then create a name Apr which is defined as:

=INDEX(Sheet2!$E$1:$E$10,MATCH("apr",Sheet2!$E$1:$ E$10,0),0)

However, this has very limited utility.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"DemiUrgoss" wrote:

Is there a way to assign a range name to a cell, and then have it move with
that cell data if you sort the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query.

Unfortunately your answer did not help, but it did give me an idea on how I
can adjust my spreadsheet to do what I need.

have a great holiday season!