Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Checking a cell conditional format

I want to check a cell cond format, say A1, and according to A1 cond format
change the format of another cell (say B1). For the time being I am checking
again the cond set to A1 cell.
--
Basilio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Copy A1 and paste/special/formats onto B1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200816
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

sorry guys , maybe I did not express well my problem. I do not want to
re-write the cond format for the B1 cell. I want to change the format of B1
by CHECKING the cond format of A1, -thru some way- may be some excel
function-.
--
Basilio

"basilio" wrote in message
I want to check a cell cond format, say A1, and according to A1 cond format
change the format of another cell (say B1). For the time being I am
checking
again the cond set to A1 cell.
--
Basilio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

To conditionally format your cell(s):

In 2003:
1. Select the cell you want to format, columns A:B for example
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting
3. Choose Formula is from the first drop down
4. In the second box enter the formula:
=$A156 (note the key here is the $ in front of the A only, you can enter
whatever condition you want.
5. Click the Format button
6. Choose a color on the Patterns tab (or any available option)
7. Click OK twice.

In 2007:
1. Highlight all the cells on the rows you want formatted
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Choose Use a formula to determine which cell to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true enter the following
formula:
=$A156
5. Click the Format button and choose a format.
6. Click OK twice

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"basilio" wrote:

I want to check a cell cond format, say A1, and according to A1 cond format
change the format of another cell (say B1). For the time being I am checking
again the cond set to A1 cell.
--
Basilio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The easiest way to do that is to incorporate the same logic that A1 uses for
its conditional formatting as part of your conditional formatting logic in
B1. Excel doesn't provide a simple way to test if another cell has
conditional formatting, what its conditional rules are, and what formats, if
any, are currently in effect due to the conditional formatting.

Bob Phillips has written an excellent article on this subject:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFConditions.html
although I think xldynamic.com may be down temporarily.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"basilio" wrote in message
I want to check a cell cond format, say A1, and according to A1 cond format
change the format of another cell (say B1). For the time being I am
checking
again the cond set to A1 cell.
--
Basilio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If that page isn't available, just look at what condition you have applied
to A1, and apply that condition to B1. As I said earlier, remember to use
"Formula Is", rather than "Cell Value Is", if you wish to test based on the
content of a different cell from that to which you are applying the format.
--
David Biddulph