-   -   I am typing dates in a spreadsheet but they are showing as hatch (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/211881-i-am-typing-dates-spreadsheet-but-they-showing-hatch.html)

Rach Tree

I am typing dates in a spreadsheet but they are showing as hatch

When I hover over the hatch marks I can see the dates- how do I stop this
happening??

Mike H

I am typing dates in a spreadsheet but they are showing as hatch

Hi,

Widen the column.

Mike

"Rach Tree" wrote:

When I hover over the hatch marks I can see the dates- how do I stop this
happening??

Pete_UK

I am typing dates in a spreadsheet but they are showing as hatch

Just widen the column.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 28, 1:33*pm, Rach Tree <Rach
wrote:
When I hover over the hatch marks I can see the dates- how do I stop this
happening??

David Biddulph[_2_]

I am typing dates in a spreadsheet but they are showing as hatch

Do you mean hash (#), rather than hatch?

If so:
Option 1: make the column wider
Option 2: make the font smaller
--