Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculation Formula

Whats the formula for multiplying a dollar amount by a % to get a whole,
rounded $ amount? My result is sometimes off by $.01.
--
JLS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=round((A1*B1),0)
Assuming you have the variables in a1 and b1
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Judy@GMB" wrote:

Whats the formula for multiplying a dollar amount by a % to get a whole,
rounded $ amount? My result is sometimes off by $.01.
--
JLS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

=ROUND(A1*B1,0)

where A1 is the dollar amount and B1 is the percent. You did say whole $
amount, no pennies?

=ROUND(A1*B1,2)

would round to the nearest penny.

If this helps, please click the Yes button,

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Judy@GMB" wrote:

Whats the formula for multiplying a dollar amount by a % to get a whole,
rounded $ amount? My result is sometimes off by $.01.
--
JLS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe this: