Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Argument help - amounts in different rows divided by a constant

Column A has 50 rows of amounts: A10 through A60. I want to divide the
amounts in each of the rows by a constant number in E9, with the total
answers being placed in the row in E that corresponds to the same row number
in A. For instance, if A25 is 10,000 divided by the E10 constant 30.4, the
answer 328.95 should be in E25, which is the E row that corresponds to row
25 in the A column. What will be the structure of the arguments needed?

Please pardon me if I seem to be pedantic. I don't mean to be. I am trying
to be precise in my own way because I don't know how properly to convey this
information in a more professional manner.

Thank you for your help, whoever you are.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In cell E10 type =A10/E$9

Copy that formula down to cell E60. The $ sets the row number as absoulte,
and it will not change as it is copied down.