Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Mover Cell to another place in worksheet

I would like a formula that if I were to select
cell A1 it would automatically take me to
say b109
Please advise
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You will need VBA, formulas can not do that.

Here is an example of event code using the Intersect function:

Dim Isect As Range
Set Isect = Application.Intersect(Target, [A1])
If Not Isect Is Nothing Then
Range("B109").Select

Here a number is being entered into A1 and then it is added to the entry in
B1 and then A1 is cleared.

1. To add this code to your file, press Alt+F11,
2. In the VBAProject window, top left side, find your sheet name under your
file name and double click it.
3. Paste in or type the code above.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Dylan @ UAFC" wrote:

I would like a formula that if I were to select
cell A1 it would automatically take me to
say b109
Please advise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Another play, perhaps simpler, is to insert a hyperlink

Select cell A1
Click Insert Hyperlink
Link to: Place in This Document
Enter the cell ref in "Type the cell ref" box: B109
Amend "Text to display" to taste
Click OK
--
Max