Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using IF function and validation/list

Sorry for the dual post - but thought this would be better posted here.

I reviewed the answers from the post by Shavey on 7/3/06 but still is not
working for me.

I am creating a form for other users and based upon their answers to prior
questions need a list available for answeres to other questions. The
formulas in the form used a user defined validation (Y, N, N/A) previously,
but I need the same list/validation to be available only if other conditions
apply. For example:

If the response to a prior question is Y, then I want the cell to return
N/A, If no, then I need the user to chose from Y, N or N/A.

So if A1 = Y then B1 = N/A

If A1 = N then B1 = select from list of Y, N or N/A

Any way to do this? Any help is appreciated!