Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I customize a right click to find data?

I want to know if I can right click my mouse and have the option of the"find
data" available.
I have Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Rather than trying to monkey around with Windows context menus, why not just
add a Find command button to one of your toolbars (the Standard toolbar
would make the most sense as it already has some editing buttons on it)? To
do this, right-click any toolbar and select Customize from the popup menu;
then, click the Commands tab on the dialog box that appears; select the Edit
item in the Categories list and then scroll the Commands list down to the
Find item (it has binoculars icon next to it); finally, click/drag the Edit
item to the Standard toolbar to where you want the icon placed and release
the left mouse button. Now, close the dialog box and, whenever you want to
Find something, simply click the icon with the binoculars on it.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"MEGATRON" wrote in message
I want to know if I can right click my mouse and have the option of
the"find
data" available.
I have Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If your talking Excel, you could program it, but why not learn the shortcut
key Ctrl+F it works not only in Excel, but in many other programs as well.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire