Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Required data in one sheet

I have one file with 12 months data, how i can bring my required month data
that when i select the month from the drop down list the selected month's
data could display and i could update the data but the details list should
not be display to the people. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

use custom filter | choose is less than or equal to | put 0 and ok

you will get the names which are less than zero value and copy it &
paste it in sheet 2 col A.

Similarly for the value greater than zero.

On Nov 21, 1:53*pm, Junaid wrote:
I have one file with 12 months data, how i can bring my required month data
that when i select the month from the drop down list the selected month's
data could display and i could update the data but the details list should
not be display to the people. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If the answer you recieved answers your question, fine. If not could you
give us a little more detail. Are you talking about AutoFilter drop downs?
When you say the "list details don't show to the people". Is this a security
issue or just to make it easier for the users? Also, if you hide all the
rows from the user how are they going to see the months without data for
those month? Do you already have a column with Months listed but adjacent
rows blank?

Cheers,
Shane

"Junaid" wrote:

I have one file with 12 months data, how i can bring my required month data
that when i select the month from the drop down list the selected month's
data could display and i could update the data but the details list should
not be display to the people. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let me describe more, for example i have 12 sheet for 12 months or all months
in one sheet, all the tables are same format apart of these sheets i have one
first page where i need to make settings that when i select the months its
details will show

Months: xxxxxxxx
A B C D
1 Discription Amount detials Date
2 Expenses 840 stationary 20/11/2008

i want that when i select the month above the selected month's list should
display and should save in the original list, Col; A and Row 1 is common in
all.
i think that these details are enough to understand, thanks