Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup increment No

I have multiple column that I want to apply vlookup to. Is it possible to
automatically increase the no. E.g
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,2,false), pick second row
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,3,false), pick third row
= lookup(c5,B:J,4,false), pick fourth row
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,5,false), pick fifth row
can I while dragging the filler automatically increase the 2,3,4,5 e.tc
across multiple cell without manually changing them.

All help totally appreciated. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

=Vlookup(c5,B:J,2,false)

Replace the above with this equivalent:
=VLOOKUP($C5,$B:$J,COLUMNS($A:A)+1,0)

Then you can simply copy it across by 3 cols to return
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,3,false)
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,4,false)
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,5,false)

The incrementer term used for the col index num is:
COLUMNS($A:A)+1

Exact matching "FALSE" can be replaced by 0
--
Max
Singapore
"Yossy" wrote:
I have multiple column that I want to apply vlookup to. Is it possible to
automatically increase the no. E.g
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,2,false), pick second row
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,3,false), pick third row
= lookup(c5,B:J,4,false), pick fourth row
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,5,false), pick fifth row
can I while dragging the filler automatically increase the 2,3,4,5 e.tc
across multiple cell without manually changing them.

All help totally appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can replace your formula with

=VLOOKUP($C5,$B:$J,COLUMN(A1),0)

or if your first formula in in column A:

=VLOOKUP($C5,$B:$J,COLUMN(),0)

or if it is not in A but say C:

=VLOOKUP($C5,$B:$J,COLUMN()-2,0)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Yossy" wrote:

I have multiple column that I want to apply vlookup to. Is it possible to
automatically increase the no. E.g
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,2,false), pick second row
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,3,false), pick third row
= lookup(c5,B:J,4,false), pick fourth row
=Vlookup(c5,B:J,5,false), pick fifth row
can I while dragging the filler automatically increase the 2,3,4,5 e.tc
across multiple cell without manually changing them.

All help totally appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Welcome, Yossy, and thanks for the rating!
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:20,500 Files:362 Subscribers:64
xdemechanik
---