Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Spreadsheet Security

I have a spreadsheet that contains confidental information that I want to
share for analysis. I will place it in a shared network folder. I do not want
anyone to be able to save, email, copy or update the spreadsheet, other than
the owner of the file. This is for viewing only. Has anyone done it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel-security is pretty feeble. Too much to talk about here...just Google
the topic.

Good luck!
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Harry" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that contains confidental information that I want to
share for analysis. I will place it in a shared network folder. I do not
want
anyone to be able to save, email, copy or update the spreadsheet, other
than
the owner of the file. This is for viewing only. Has anyone done it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Simply put if someone can see the file they can use a screen capture program
to get a copy of what they see. But that isn't just a problem with Excel,
any file that people can see can be captured.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire