Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLookup Formula help

I am trying to import comments from source file to destination file. commer
column is Invoice # column. In souce file I sorted records as per invoice #,
destination file is as it is. Destination file is more comprehensive than
source file, it has more invoices than source file.

Problem - in destination file, formula imports values for which there is no
invoice # ( look up value) in the source file.

Example =

I have 5 invoice in source file and I have one column( comments column) to
which I want to export to other file(destination file). Destination file has
10 invoices but doesnt have comments so like to do vlook up based on invoice
numbers. I wrote vlook up formula for 1st invoice, imported correct comments
from source file. Then I did copy paste of formula for other 4 invoices then
it gave me correct values, thenafter I did copy paste of formula for other 5
invoices in destination file( these invoices are not there in source file),
so I should get err but I got comments imported to from other invoices.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Ron is offline

The Range value determines the type of search. TRUE = Approximate Match,
FALSE = Exact Match. Try putting FALSE at the end of your arguement.