Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Formula

I'm dealing with only 4 specific columuns in a worksheet. If the cell in one
column is YES (O4) and the two other columns have dates greater than 5 Jul
08, then I want to show "GO" in the fourth column otherwise it would reflect
"NO GO". I should know this but haven't worked with Excel for about a year
and forgotten too much.

Appreciate any assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A formula solution where your date to compare is in cell o1

=IF(AND(O2="yes",P2$O$1,Q2$O$1),"go","no go")

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Bernie" wrote in message
I'm dealing with only 4 specific columuns in a worksheet. If the cell in
one
column is YES (O4) and the two other columns have dates greater than 5 Jul
08, then I want to show "GO" in the fourth column otherwise it would
reflect
"NO GO". I should know this but haven't worked with Excel for about a
year
and forgotten too much.

Appreciate any assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bernie wrote...
I'm dealing with only 4 specific columuns in a worksheet. If the cell in one
column is YES (O4) and the two other columns have dates greater than 5 Jul
08, then I want to show "GO" in the fourth column otherwise it would reflect
"NO GO". *I should know this but haven't worked with Excel for about a year
and forgotten too much.

If the Yes/No(/Other?) were in A3, the two dates in B3 and C3, and the
result in D3, then use the following formula in cell D3.

=IF(AND(A3="Yes",MIN(B3,D3)DATE(2008,7,5)),"GO"," NO GO")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:
=IF(AND(O4="Yes",P47/5/2008,Q47/5/2008),"GO","NO GO")
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Bernie" wrote:

I'm dealing with only 4 specific columuns in a worksheet. If the cell in one
column is YES (O4) and the two other columns have dates greater than 5 Jul
08, then I want to show "GO" in the fourth column otherwise it would reflect
"NO GO". I should know this but haven't worked with Excel for about a year
and forgotten too much.

Appreciate any assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Michael wrote...
Try this:
=IF(AND(O4="Yes",P47/5/2008,Q47/5/2008),"GO","NO GO")

Doesn't do what the OP asked. Excel will *ALWAYS* evaluate 7/5/2008 as
7 divided by 5 divided by 2008, or 0.000697211, which is less than all
valid dates after 31 Dec 1899 (1900 date) or 1 Jan 1904 (1904 date
system).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Michael,

Here's what I typed in replacing p and q with the actual cell and it will
not give me a "GO" with dates after 5 Jul 08 in both cells.

=IF(AND(O4="Yes",ES77/5/2008,EU77/5/2008),"GO","NO GO")

"Bernie" wrote:

I'm dealing with only 4 specific columuns in a worksheet. If the cell in one
column is YES (O4) and the two other columns have dates greater than 5 Jul
08, then I want to show "GO" in the fourth column otherwise it would reflect
"NO GO". I should know this but haven't worked with Excel for about a year
and forgotten too much.

Appreciate any assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You might wanna add a little error trapping to this formula:
=IF(AND(A3="yes",(B3<"")*(D3<"")*MIN(B3,D3)DATE (2008,7,5)),"GO","NO GO")

Currently will fail if one of the date cells has a valid date and the other
cell is blank.
--
** John C **

"Bernie" wrote:

showed "NO GO" for valid dates greater than 5 jul 08 in those two cells.

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

Bernie wrote...
I'm dealing with only 4 specific columuns in a worksheet. If the cell in one
column is YES (O4) and the two other columns have dates greater than 5 Jul
08, then I want to show "GO" in the fourth column otherwise it would reflect
"NO GO". I should know this but haven't worked with Excel for about a year
and forgotten too much.

If the Yes/No(/Other?) were in A3, the two dates in B3 and C3, and the
result in D3, then use the following formula in cell D3.

=IF(AND(A3="Yes",MIN(B3,D3)DATE(2008,7,5)),"GO"," NO GO")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks John, that's a good idea for another area of the spreadsheet. I do
have a question for you. All the data in the worksheet has to be greater
than 5 Jul 08 to be valid and I have several sections with various columns.
If I had a section with 4 columns (1 showing % complete and the other 3 are
data columns) and only two have valid dates, how would I type that formula in
the percentage column? This is how much of the spreadsheet is structured.

"Bernie" wrote:

showed "NO GO" for valid dates greater than 5 jul 08 in those two cells.

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

Bernie wrote...
I'm dealing with only 4 specific columuns in a worksheet. If the cell in one
column is YES (O4) and the two other columns have dates greater than 5 Jul
08, then I want to show "GO" in the fourth column otherwise it would reflect
"NO GO". I should know this but haven't worked with Excel for about a year
and forgotten too much.

If the Yes/No(/Other?) were in A3, the two dates in B3 and C3, and the
result in D3, then use the following formula in cell D3.

=IF(AND(A3="Yes",MIN(B3,D3)DATE(2008,7,5)),"GO"," NO GO")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Harlan Grove wrote:
If the Yes/No(/Other?) were in A3, the two dates in B3 and C3, and the
result in D3, then use the following formula in cell D3.

=IF(AND(A3="Yes",MIN(B3,D3)DATE(2008,7,5)),"GO", "NO GO")

Sorry, typo, should be

=IF(AND(A3="Yes",MIN(B3,C3)DATE(2008,7,5)),"GO"," NO GO")

If you also want to trap blank cells, change this to

=IF(AND(A3="Yes",MIN(N(B3),N(C3))DATE(2008,7,5)), "GO","NO GO")