Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Year into months

Hi,

I'm working on a spreadsheet were I enter a maturity date (01/01/2035). On
another colum I would like to have a formula were it would convert the
maturity date into months. From today to 01/01/2035 it would be 314 months.
I want to be able to enter the maturity date as 01/01/2035 format and
automaticaly convert that date into months on another column. How can I do
this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oscar wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on a spreadsheet were I enter a maturity date (01/01/2035). On
another colum I would like to have a formula were it would convert the
maturity date into months. From today to 01/01/2035 it would be 314 months.
I want to be able to enter the maturity date as 01/01/2035 format and
automaticaly convert that date into months on another column. How can I do
this?

Thanks

With your maturity date in A1:

=DATEDIF(TODAY(),A1,"m")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try this

Cell A2 has 01/01/2035, then in B2 put this formula

=DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"M")

On Nov 19, 9:19*pm, Oscar wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on a spreadsheet were I enter a maturity date (01/01/2035). On
another colum I would like to have a formula were it would convert the
maturity date into months. *From today to 01/01/2035 it would be 314 months.
I want to be able to enter the maturity date as 01/01/2035 format and
automaticaly convert that date into months on another column. How can I do
this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 19, 9:19 pm, Oscar wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on a spreadsheet were I enter a maturity date (01/01/2035). On
another colum I would like to have a formula were it would convert the
maturity date into months. From today to 01/01/2035 it would be 314 months.
I want to be able to enter the maturity date as 01/01/2035 format and
automaticaly convert that date into months on another column. How can I do
this?

Thanks

What if I want todays date to count on the first of the month? Example: if I
enter a Mat date of 11/01/2036 the formula would calculate 335 months, but if
we count the 1 st of the month (Nov 1) the Mat date would be 336 months.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 19, 9:19 pm, Oscar wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on a spreadsheet were I enter a maturity date (01/01/2035). On
another colum I would like to have a formula were it would convert the
maturity date into months. From today to 01/01/2035 it would be 314 months.
I want to be able to enter the maturity date as 01/01/2035 format and
automaticaly convert that date into months on another column. How can I do
this?

Thanks

What if I want todays date to count on the first of the month? Example: if I
enter a Mat date of 11/01/2036 the formula would calculate 335 months, but if
we count the 1 st of the month (Nov 1) the Mat date would be 336 months.

Thanks

=DATEDIF(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+1,A2,"M")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about:

=12*(YEAR(A2)-YEAR(TODAY()))+MONTH(A2)-MONTH(TODAY())+(DAY(A2)DAY
(TODAY()))

Does this help?