Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup Copy Formula

I have Excel version 2003 and spreadsheet that I am using the vlookup
function. When I type in the vlookup function the first time it functions
properly. I dragged the vlookup function (first time) to the other cells it
outputs the same value for all cells. The same value the first time the
vlookup function was enter.

Please help resolve this issue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Joe,

It sounds like your using absolute addressing like this

=VLOOKUP($B$10,$A$1:$C$5,3,FALSE)

If you want the formula tom increment when you drag you need this

=VLOOKUP(B10,$A$1:$C$5,3,FALSE)

Note that b10 will now increment when dragged but the lookup range wont.

Mike