Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Match two criterias and give a third colums result

Hi everyone:
I have a three column I need a formula that matches decription and
CPT and if a match found to give the result from category.

Decription CPT Category
1. Exams 99201fp Blue
1. vision 99203O Orange
1. dental 99202n Black
1. Exams 99207p White
1. other 99206h Purple
1. Exams 99208c Red

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The most common way to do this is to create a helper column which
concatenates Description and CPT.

Then you can use Vlookup on this results to get the Category.

Regards,
Fred.

wrote in message
Hi everyone:
I have a three column I need a formula that matches decription and
CPT and if a match found to give the result from category.

Decription CPT Category
1. Exams 99201fp Blue
1. vision 99203O Orange
1. dental 99202n Black
1. Exams 99207p White
1. other 99206h Purple
1. Exams 99208c Red

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Anyone else have a beter idea without combining cell?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What would the criteria be for "better"?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

wrote in message
Anyone else have a beter idea without combining cell?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 18, 2:31*pm, "Niek Otten" wrote:
What would the criteria be for "better"?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

wrote in message

Anyone else have a beter idea without combining cell?????- Hide quoted text -

Better means how about a Match to criteria and give the result of the
third column where column one and column two matches!!!
thank you!!!

Pantera

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote in message

Anyone else have a beter idea without combining cell?????- Hide quoted text -

A index Match formula where the criteria from F5 is found in column
description and criteria two from E5 is found in column CPT giving the
result whe both criterias are match from column catergory!!!
thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote in message

Anyone else have a beter idea without combining cell?????- Hide quoted text -

ANSWER FOUND THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this array formula** :

E2 = lookup description
F2 = lookup CPT

=INDEX(C2:C7,MATCH(1,(A2:A7=E2)*(B2:B7=F2),0))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP