Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Retain cell reference after deleting rows

Excel XP & Win XP
An OP has asked me a question I can't answer. Simplified, the problem is
that she has a formula in Sheet2, say:
=Sheet1!A10
Someone then deletes rows 1:2 in Sheet1. Her formula changes to:
Sheet1!A8
This occurs regardless of whether she uses relative or absolute referencing
in her formula and I fully understand why.
The Problem: She wants her formula to stay =Sheet1!A10.
How can she do that? Thanks for your time. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A10")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200814