Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default new data

Hey, how do you paste 4 new columns into an already existing sheet and expect
your old sum formula to acknowledge or recognize your new columns just like
all the older ones? My cells are exactly similar in size, and when added
fall between stretches of data gathered by the formula (arranged similarly as
well). So how do you drop data in the middle of data and have totaling
formulas recognize the new data like all the rest. I'm having to manully
enter the new weekly totals' cells into the sum formula.
Thanks!
Chris Cornellll --

No... not that one.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As far as I can understand from your explanation, 'dynamic ranges'
(http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic) might help

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=30651

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming you are adding cells A1:D1 with the summation in E1 and then adding
cells in between D1 and E1.

Try putting a blank cell in between rows D and E. you can hide the column or
just make it really small. Have the sum go from A:E with the data in A:D and
the sum in F. Then when you add columns between Columns D and E again the sum
in F will automatically pick up the new columns.

HTH
Rick