Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hiding numbers in a Text cell.

I'm not completely familiar with all of the possible function of excel and
use both 2003 and 2007.

I want to make a column which shows text but has hidden numerical values
assigned to them.

Example: In C2 I have "Matched Point" and it has a value of "40". In C3 I
have "Basic Fun" which has a value of "25".

Each text and value needs to be different but I don't want to have to "Hide"
a column of values. Can this be done?

Thanks for any possibilities! :)
Fallton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you may be approaching this the wrong way, but you didn't give us
enough details to know for sure. Why are you trying to hide the value? Are
you doing this so you can use the value in a calculation in another cell?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)