Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excell 2007 Vlookup linking multiple pages

Back ground. I have a spread sheet that I created to upscale and downscale
food recipes. I have linked an order page to individual recipes so if I
want to increase or decrease the recipe I only have to enter the amount of
cases I want to produce and it flows to each sheet. The last page I have is
an inventory page. I have used the V-lookup formula so that each individual
recipe looks at the inventory page to get its price per pound. For example
=VLOOKUP (B13, Inventory, 11, FALSE)*E13. B13 is the name of an ingredient,
then it looks at the inventory page finds the exact ingredient, then looks 11
columns over and uses that price per pound.
I am trying to create a page that will add up all the ingredients from each
individual recipe so I can use it to order ingredients. I have used the
following =VLOOKUP (B9,'Sweet Orange Chili Mustard'! B13:E18, 4, FALSE)
this works great for one sheet, but when I try to add another sheet either by
using a, or putting the additional sheets in a () it returns a N/A. Anybody
have any ideas.

I have a spread sheet that I created to upscale and downscale food recipes.
I have linked an order page to individual recipes so if I want to increase
or decrease a recipe I only have to enter the amount of cases I want to
produce and it flows to each sheet. The last page I have is an inventory
page. I have used the V-lookup formula so that each individual recipe looks
at the inventory page to get its price per pound. For example =VLOOKUP (B13,
Inventory, 11, FALSE)*E13. B13 is the name of an ingredient, then it looks
at the inventory page finds the exact ingredient, then looks 11 columns over
and uses that price per pound. Using this formula allows me to enter a
current price in the Inventory sheet, which then flows to each individual
recipe for current pricing. All this works great because each individual
recipe sheet is only looking at one page inventory and then the name of the
ingredient.
Here is my question. What I am trying to do is create a combined page so I
can have one piece of paper that will give me the total of all the
ingredients used throughout all the different recipes. I have named that
page Combined. In column B I have listed all the names of the different
ingredients. What I would like to happen is excel to look at each individual
recipe, find the matching ingredient, look at the column that has the
ingredient amount and show me that amount on the combined sheet. There
might be 5 separate recipes containing Sugar. I want the combined page to
add them all up for each one. This formula works for one sheet. =VLOOKUP
(B9,'Sweet Orange Chili Mustard'! B13:E18, 4, FALSE) , but I do not know
how to link additional sheets. I hope I have explained this well enough.
Thanks for your help.