-   -   Hiding formula if cel reference is blank (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/210529-hiding-formula-if-cel-reference-blank.html)

Carol G.[_2_]

Hiding formula if cel reference is blank

I'm making a worksheet that I need to appear neat. If the referenced cells
have not been entered yet, I do not want the $0 to show in the formula (or
result) cells.
My formula is =IF(C5-C4)=0,"",(C5-C4) Otherwise, if cells C4 and C5 do not
have figures in them yet then leave the result cell blank, not $0.

Thanks for you help. I've read all the similar posts but mine is much
simplier than the others so I hesitated to ask.

Carol

Dominik

Hiding formula if cel reference is blank

tools options uncheck "Zero Values"

"Carol G." wrote:

I'm making a worksheet that I need to appear neat. If the referenced cells
have not been entered yet, I do not want the $0 to show in the formula (or
result) cells.
My formula is =IF(C5-C4)=0,"",(C5-C4) Otherwise, if cells C4 and C5 do not
have figures in them yet then leave the result cell blank, not $0.

Thanks for you help. I've read all the similar posts but mine is much
simplier than the others so I hesitated to ask.

Carol

T. Valko

Hiding formula if cel reference is blank

Try this:

=IF(COUNT(C4:C5)<2,"",C5-C4)

--
Biff