Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default event macros vs copy/paste

Hi,
XL2003
My manager asked me to draw a red line under the whole row of whatever cell
he selects, to make reading across the table easier on the eyes. I use a
change selection event to achieve this. But now, when he wants to copy and
paste, (which is ok), he can copy, but when he selects the paste cell, the
event macro runs and cancels the marching ants around the copied cell, and
the copied info is lost. Any solution to this?
Thanks in advance.
Dave.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You might be interested in my RowLiner add-in, available for free at
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/RowLiner.htm .

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 15:36:00 -0800, Dave
wrote:

Hi,
XL2003
My manager asked me to draw a red line under the whole row of whatever cell
he selects, to make reading across the table easier on the eyes. I use a
change selection event to achieve this. But now, when he wants to copy and
paste, (which is ok), he can copy, but when he selects the paste cell, the
event macro runs and cancels the marching ants around the copied cell, and
the copied info is lost. Any solution to this?
Thanks in advance.
Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Chip,
Thanks for that. I'd rather not use an add-in if I can aviod it, but will
consider that if no other solution is suggested.
Regards - Dave.