Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula Calculation

Hi: I have a cell A1 that displays a taxable income number. Based on that
number, I'd like A2 and A3 to display a tax rate for FED and NC based on the
following table...

Taxable Income
Fed NC
20,000 0.111 0.060
30,000 0.124 0.063
40,000 0.131 0.065
50,000 0.134 0.066
60,000 0.142 0.066
70,000 0.148 0.067
80,000 0.161 0.067

Do I have to use a bunch of if, thens, or is there an easier way. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assume the reference table is in A6:C13
where B6:C6 houses Fed, NC and
A7:A13 houses the amounts in asc order: 20,000, etc

Amount will be entered in A1
In A2:
=IF(A$1="","",IF(A$1<=20000,VLOOKUP(20000,$A$7:$C$ 13,ROWS($1:1)+1),VLOOKUP(A$1,$A$7:$C$13,ROWS($1:1) +1)))
Copy A2 down to A3
--
Max
Singapore
"wburritt" wrote:
Hi: I have a cell A1 that displays a taxable income number. Based on that
number, I'd like A2 and A3 to display a tax rate for FED and NC based on the
following table...

Taxable Income
Fed NC
20,000 0.111 0.060
30,000 0.124 0.063
40,000 0.131 0.065
50,000 0.134 0.066
60,000 0.142 0.066
70,000 0.148 0.067
80,000 0.161 0.067

Do I have to use a bunch of if, thens, or is there an easier way. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

you may also use the Vlookup formula on both A2 and A3 like :

in A2, place VLOOKUP($A$1,$A$7:$C$13,2,0) and copy down to A3.
this will return the related value in FED and NC for value in Taxable Income
based on your table below.

Note, you may need to format the cell in A2 and A3 to General instaed of
Number.