Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want sort a list but the sort is unlit on the home tab how do I

I have added items to my list and want to sort them again.The sort on the
home tab is not lit and when I click on it it the drop down menu dose not
come up and allow me to make a choice even if I have the column
selected.Something seem to have locked it.What should I do or look for thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want sort a list but the sort is unlit on the home tab how d

Sounds like maybe the sheet is protected. Go to Tools - Protections and see
if it says unprotect sheet.

"chetrx" wrote:

"chetrx" wrote:

I have added items to my list and want to sort them again.The sort on the
home tab is not lit and when I click on it it the drop down menu dose not
come up and allow me to make a choice even if I have the column
selected.Something seem to have locked it.What should I do or look for thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you are correct but I CANT LOCATE the tools option you mentioned.It
is not on the bar anywhereI went to review under protection it is not checked
I looked in cell format not there either.I am still stuck.Thanks for trying I
may have to start all over again.I did a test.Its working on a new project.

chetrx