Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default appending one Excel file to another ?

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to append to a annual Excel file a daily Excel file once
its
made available

Preferably using DOS script once my user saves the Excel document
under an
expected name.

I do this for text files and word document but I am having trouble
with Excel

Is there a way for the third line to work ?????????????

Example.
c: del /q excel_master.xls
c: ren excel annual.xls excel_master.xls
C: copy excel_today.xls + excel_master.xls excel_annual.xls

ALSO: Would this work for TEMPLATES ?????

Can this be done without VB or VBA using DOS.

Any ideas

Thanks in Advance

George