Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Check Box in Excel

Dear All,

I need to create a check box in excel so that when I click on the box,
a tick mark should come in the box.

Can anyone please help.

Regards,
Jaipal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

View|Toolbars|Forms and click on the checkbox icon

Select somewhere on the sheet and left click and drag to get a box the soze
you want and your done.

Mike

" wrote:

Dear All,

I need to create a check box in excel so that when I click on the box,
a tick mark should come in the box.

Can anyone please help.

Regards,
Jaipal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can use the Forms toolbar's Checkbox or the Control Toolboxes' Checkbox
tool. Both toolbars can be displayed by choosing View, Toolbars and checking
the appropiate one.

In general we connect the checkbox to a cell in the spreadsheet so we can
use the results of the checkbox. To do this with the Forms' Checkbox right
click it when its in the spreadsheet and choose Format Control, and on the
Control tab enter a cell address in the Cell link box. The method for the
Control Toolbox requires clicking the Properties toolbar button in the
Control Toolbox while the checkbox is selected and entering a cell address in
the LinkedCell property.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire