Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula for multiple criteria in a column.

Ok, have used this formula to look at two criteria and gives me a sum.
However, if there are more that two criteria in column B, which includes for
examples the names of Bill and Dave, how would I alter the formula to pick up
the additional name of Dave in column B.

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A5="Feb")*(B1:B5="Bill")*C1:F4)

A B C D E
1 Jan Bill 55 23 24
65
2 Feb Bill 66 22 22
22
3 Feb Dave 55 66 66
34
4 Feb Bill 98 93 54
25
5 Feb Greg 55 66 22
55

--
Bruce
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are looking for either Bill or Dave, right? Try this formula...

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A5="Feb")*((B1:B5="Bill")+(B1:B5=" Dave"))*C1:F5)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)