Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NM NM is offline

Default Link cells to pull specific data

Hi,

Spreadsheet 1 has column B with Network number, C with Name, D with
Description.

In spreadsheet 2 , in column A i will put Network number and I want the Name
and Description from Spreadsheet 1 to be pulled into Sheet 2 in columns B&C.

Please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Looks like
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!B1:D100,2,False)
and
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!B1:D100,3,False)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"NM" wrote:

Hi,

Spreadsheet 1 has column B with Network number, C with Name, D with
Description.

In spreadsheet 2 , in column A i will put Network number and I want the Name
and Description from Spreadsheet 1 to be pulled into Sheet 2 in columns B&C.

Please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NM NM is offline

Hi Shane,

I'm using the same Vlookup formula in a different sheet. i'm getting a #N/A
error! The calculation steps show erroe at the 'lookup_value'.I've tried by
best but cannot work through it.Can you please let me know how to get rid of
this.

Thanks!

"NM" wrote:

Hi,

Spreadsheet 1 has column B with Network number, C with Name, D with
Description.

In spreadsheet 2 , in column A i will put Network number and I want the Name
and Description from Spreadsheet 1 to be pulled into Sheet 2 in columns B&C.

Please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are any of the network numbers atually text and not real numbers? You could
test it by finding the 2 cells that should match and just seeing if they
actually do, for example:
Sheet1!B7 is a network number that you know should match to Sheet3!A5
so test it, somewhere in the workbook type:
=(Sheet1!B7=Sheet3!A5) ... note, if you test it on sheet1 or sheet3 you do
not need to reference it in the formula
You could then also test for numbers
=ISNUMBER(Sheet1!B7)
=ISNUMBER(Sheet3!A5)