ChrisP

Default Using ABS() in a range of cells

Hi, I got a table lookin something like this

-4
3
6
-3
-2

I want to add all these numbers up using ABS() But I cant seem to get it
right.
What I tried was =SUM(ABS(A1:A4)) but that seems to be the wrong funktion.
It works if I write =SUM(ABS(A1);ABS(A2)...) but this seems idiotic hehe

/Chris

N Harkawat

your formula needs to be array entered (ctrl+shift+enter) instead of simply
enter.
and after you did so you will see 2 braces before and after the formula as
shown below
{=SUM(ABS(A1:A4))}
"ChrisP" wrote in message
Hi, I got a table lookin something like this

-4
3
6
-3
-2

I want to add all these numbers up using ABS() But I cant seem to get it
right.
What I tried was =SUM(ABS(A1:A4)) but that seems to be the wrong funktion.
It works if I write =SUM(ABS(A1);ABS(A2)...) but this seems idiotic
hehe

/Chris

Dana DeLouis

The other option is the non-array formula...
=SUMPRODUCT(ABS(A1:A5))

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis