Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF Function

Hi!

I have a dropdown list, using the validation function, with three responses:

Blank
Customer
Company

In the cell below I want it to come up with the matching response depending
what is chosen from the dropdown list. So it'll either say:

Nothing
Customer requirement for...
Company requirement for...

I used the IF function and it worked for the customer option but I couldn't
get it to stay blank when the blank is selected in the dropdown list.

HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

What is your formula.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Kelly" wrote in message
Hi!

I have a dropdown list, using the validation function, with three

Blank
Customer
Company

In the cell below I want it to come up with the matching response
depending
what is chosen from the dropdown list. So it'll either say:

Nothing
Customer requirement for...
Company requirement for...

I used the IF function and it worked for the customer option but I
couldn't
get it to stay blank when the blank is selected in the dropdown list.

HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(H5=S6,S10,S11)

H5 is where the dropdown list is,
S6 is Customer
S10 is Customer requirement for...
S11 is Company requirement for...

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

What is your formula.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Kelly" wrote in message
Hi!

I have a dropdown list, using the validation function, with three

Blank
Customer
Company

In the cell below I want it to come up with the matching response
depending
what is chosen from the dropdown list. So it'll either say:

Nothing
Customer requirement for...
Company requirement for...

I used the IF function and it worked for the customer option but I
couldn't
get it to stay blank when the blank is selected in the dropdown list.

HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=if(H5="Blank","",IF(H5=S6,S10,S11))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Kelly" wrote in message
=IF(H5=S6,S10,S11)

H5 is where the dropdown list is,
S6 is Customer
S10 is Customer requirement for...
S11 is Company requirement for...

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

What is your formula.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Kelly" wrote in message
Hi!

I have a dropdown list, using the validation function, with three

Blank
Customer
Company

In the cell below I want it to come up with the matching response
depending
what is chosen from the dropdown list. So it'll either say:

Nothing
Customer requirement for...
Company requirement for...

I used the IF function and it worked for the customer option but I
couldn't
get it to stay blank when the blank is selected in the dropdown list.

HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That worked! Thanks so much :)

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=if(H5="Blank","",IF(H5=S6,S10,S11))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Kelly" wrote in message
=IF(H5=S6,S10,S11)

H5 is where the dropdown list is,
S6 is Customer
S10 is Customer requirement for...
S11 is Company requirement for...

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

What is your formula.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Kelly" wrote in message
Hi!

I have a dropdown list, using the validation function, with three

Blank
Customer
Company

In the cell below I want it to come up with the matching response
depending
what is chosen from the dropdown list. So it'll either say:

Nothing
Customer requirement for...
Company requirement for...

I used the IF function and it worked for the customer option but I
couldn't
get it to stay blank when the blank is selected in the dropdown list.

HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome. Thank you for the feedback.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Kelly" wrote in message