Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF Statement with AND Statement

I have a Statement that Shawn Devonshire helped me setup.

Suppose you set up a table like this starting in cell A1

A B C
Age Male Female
8 18 12
10 20 14
12 22 16
14 24 18
16 26 20

In this example I will keep the table on the same sheet as the student scores.

Suppose the students are listed like this starting in cell E1:

E F G H I
Gender Age Left Curls Right Curls Pass/Fail
Female 10 18 18 Pass
Male 12 17 17 Fail

Shawn assisted me in determining that the formula in cell I2 for Pass/Fail
Left curls is. This is the one I am using for a single arm curl match.

=IF(G2=VLOOKUP(F2,$A$2:$C$6,MATCH(E2,$A$1:$C$1,0) ,TRUE),"Pass","Fail")

I need help taking this statement to determine if I can use a "and" or "or"
statement to do a Pass/Fail test on both left and right arm curls. I am not
sure which statement will work best. Only if both left and right arm curls
meet the standard in A1 table will a pass be given otherwise a fail will be
given for the test, if either arm fails to meet the standard.

Thanks
Ken Quick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can add an OR statement then array enter** :

=IF(OR(G2:H2=VLOOKUP(F2,$A$2:$C$6,MATCH(E2,$A$1:$ C$1,0))),"Pass","Fail")

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ken Quick" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Only if both left and right arm curls meet the standard

Ooops!

Disregard my suggestion. I used "or" instead of "and".

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ken Quick" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

T. Valko,

I tried this but the formula did a calculation that gave a pass when either
left or right curls pass the standard. I need it to only pass when the
standard is meet for both arms. Any Advice?

Thanks for the assistance,
Ken