Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default pick from letters A-Z?

I would like to randomly pick letters from A to Z each time I ask the sheet
to get a new letter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=CHAR(ROUND(RAND()*25+1,0)+64)

"hulton" wrote:

I would like to randomly pick letters from A to Z each time I ask the sheet
to get a new letter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Doesn't that give half the probability for A or Z compared with the other
letters?

=CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90)) if you've got ATP installed, or
=CHAR(INT(RAND()*26)+65) or possibly just
=CHAR(RAND()*26+65)
--
David Biddulph

"Sheeloo" <="to" & CHAR(95) & "sheeloo" & CHAR(64) & "hotmail.com" wrote in
message ...
Try

=CHAR(ROUND(RAND()*25+1,0)+64)